Emily Noble Missing, Delaware County jury finds Emily Noble’s husband not culpable in her murder.

Emily Noble Missing, Death, Obituary –  In May of 2020, Emily Noble went missing from her house in Westerville, which led to substantial police work, as well as the organization of manhunts and community vigils. There was a flurry of suspicion that she had died in an accident when she was discovered on September 16, 2020, dangling from a honeysuckle branch in the woods close to her house by a USB cable that had been wrapped around her neck and hooked to the branch by a honeysuckle branch. Committing suicide. Playing dirty.

Matheau Moore, her spouse of around two years, would later be questioned by the Westerville Police Department. And as a result of forensic evidence that discovered bone fractures in Noble’s face and neck, they brought charges, noting that the injuries were compatible with physical strangling rather than suicide. However, a jury from Delaware County was unable to establish a connection between Moore and the killing. There were no direct witnesses, there was no obvious motive, and the evidence was primarily circumstantial.

Moore was charged with two charges of murder, one of which related to a charge of felonious assault and the other of which related to a deliberate murder. Court TV broadcast nationwide coverage of the weeklong trial that took place in the Delaware County Common Pleas Court. Moore put his hands on the back of his bent head and clearly cried as retired Greene County Judge Stephen A. Wolaver repeated “not guilty” on each count after the jury deliberated for little under three hours on Friday.

Moore was told by Wolaver, who released him from his bond, that the jury had just determined that “justice for Emily is not injustice for you.” This was spoken after Wolaver had just released Moore from his bond. The prosecution alleged that Matheau Moore was responsible for staging the death of Emily Noble.
The accusation made by the prosecution that Moore arranged the death to make it appear as though it was a suicide is at the center of much of the mystery surrounding this case.

In a forested area where it was known that she would search for edible plants and flowers, a water bottle was discovered next to the decaying bones of the woman. Noble was down on her knees and was still wearing the Asics running shoes she had been wearing before. A search in the area turned up some jewelry. Both the prosecution and the defense brought expert experts who gave testimony that was in dispute with one another regarding the possible causes of the injuries.

The most damaging evidence presented by the prosecution came from the work of a forensic anthropologist, a pathologist, and authorities from the Delaware County Coroner’s Office. They all agreed that murder was the cause of death and that a hanging would not have caused the bones to shatter in the way that they did. An authority on the subject of strangling, Dr. William Smock, testified that Noble’s injuries, who weighed 100 pounds, were compatible with strangulation having been the cause of them.

According to the autopsy report, Emily Noble passed away from’multiple injuries to the head and neck’ “She was manually strangled, and then she was placed in the tree,” Smock stated during the court case. According to the testimony of Dr. Mark Hickman, the coroner for Delaware County, “the amount of trauma that would have occurred to cause these fractures would have had to be inflicted by another person.”

Diane Menashe, a defense attorney, responded that Noble had a history of delicate bones, having fractured an ankle that required pins to heal it, and that the first investigation was sloppy, noting that some of Noble’s teeth and bones were not found on the initial sweep of the area. Menashe also stated that Noble had a history of brittle bones, having broken an ankle that required pins to restore it.

Menashe also submitted papers from Noble’s doctors claiming that Noble had been battling with depression following the deaths of many members of her family, including the suicide of her first husband and the suicide of Moore’s son, who was her stepson, in July 2019.

A board-certified forensic anthropologist from the state of Iowa named Heather Garmin stated that bones in the neck, right above the Adam’s apple, may be highly brittle. Her testimony was perhaps the most persuasive presented by a defense witness.

She remarked this after it was observed that some jurors were stroking their necks in an attempt to locate the protrusion. “We always tell people not to push too hard,” she added.

Mark Sleeper, the first assistant prosecutor for Delaware County, stated on Thursday during closing arguments that the evidence was “clear” that Emily Noble did not commit suicide before her death. There was no note…no chance to say farewell to loved ones. “Not a thing”

According to Sleeper, Noble pushed through the difficult times in her life. She was getting therapy, maintaining her fitness, and getting ready to go back to work. There was no mention of suicide in any of the testimonies or texts sent to or received from her friends and family.

While pointing to Moore, Sleeper stated, “He’s unemployed, sitting at home getting drunk.”

Menashe stated that the prosecution’s case was “totally speculation,” and he attacked the idea that Noble was incapable of killing herself.

“If mental health were that simple, we would live in a much different world,” she added. “If it were that simple, we would live in a much different world.” “No, it isn’t.”

Menashe explained that one of the challenges associated with mental health is that “you don’t see it coming.”

Emily Noble’s husband was arrested in connection with her death in Westerville, according to a related Emily Noble story.

During the judge’s last words, at least one of the jurors was observed wiping away tears. And Moore was seen wiping away tears on many occasions, especially when Menashe brought up the fact that his son had committed suicide by hanging himself.

Brandy Zink, a close friend of Noble’s for nearly 20 years who was there for the majority of the trial, stated that regardless of the verdict, Noble did not deserve what had happened to her. Brandy Zink was present throughout the majority of the trial. They went to Hocking Hills State Park around the end of 2019 and took their most recent selfie there.

Emily Noble, on the right, is shown at Hocking Hills State Park beside her best friend Brandy Zink in the months leading up to Noble’s passing in the year 2020.
Noble enjoyed a variety of other outdoor activities, including jogging, swimming, and photography. He also had a passion for volunteering with senior citizens. The Ohio Department of Medicaid was her most recent place of employment.

“Emily loved life and was a beautiful person,” said Zink, characterizing her with words like “resilience, strength, and grace.”

“Her passing has left a lasting impression on everyone in our town. I can never find somebody who can take my friend’s place since she was like a sister to me.


Similar Posts